ceo + client finance director
“I chose this career initially because I was good at numbers and it seemed like a great fit. I stayed with this career because I get the opportunity to really help people when they need it most. I love working with those that are just as passionate about their job and company as I am.”
Cathy Iconis is founder and CEO of Iconis Group, LLC. Cathy created Iconis Group with the desire to help small businesses better manage their financials and take the worry out of their accounting. Sometimes referred to as a Virtual CFO, Cathy develops close relationships with her clients, becoming intimately knowledgeable of their processes and as instrumental as any member of a company’s full-time team.
Prior to the creation of Iconis Group, Cathy worked in auditing and forensic accounting with Tauber & Balser (now part of Habif, Arogeti & Wynne) and was a senior accountant for Balfour Beatty Construction. She uses this knowledge of both the private and public accounting environments to serve her small to mid-size clients today.
Cathy is the three-time recipient of the prestigious 40 Under 40 Award, given annually by CPA Practice Advisor to only 40 people nationwide. Cathy is a graduate of Oglethorpe University with a BS in Accounting.
When not helping her clients reach financial success, she loves engaging in social media indulging in Bravo TV shows, learning about interior and fashion design and spending time with her family. She lives in Atlanta, GA with her husband, Mike, two daughters, Izzy and Sophie and admits that she’s been watching General Hospital since 1993.
Cathy in the News
- 10 Surprising Challenges of Working From Home, by Kristi Dosh, WomensDay.com
- Move Your Practice Online Series: Market Yourself, by Stacy Kildal, StacyK.net
- 10 Simple Marketing Tips for Small Businesses, by Eric Holtzclaw, Inc.com
- 4 Questions for Cathy Iconis, Bill.com Blog
- Why I Love Transaction Pro Importer, by Cathy Iconis, Intuit Apps Website
- How to Take Your Accounting Online, Bill.com Webinar
- Cathy Iconis 2013 40 Under 40 Honoree, CPAPracticeAdvisor.com
- ProAdvisors We Trust: Cathy Iconis, Tsheets.com
- CFO Corner: Tips for Successfully Managing Financials, by Cathy Iconis, Sageworks Blog
- Managing Your Cash, by Cathy Iconis, SmallBizBee.com
- Business RadioX’s Interview of Cathy Iconis and Eric Holtzclaw, AtlantaBusinessRadio.com