Iconis Group is a virtual bookkeeping firm based in Atlanta, GA. Our goal is to connect small business owners to their numbers. Our clients depend on us to help them reach their goals through organized bookkeeping, meaningful insights, and providing management advice. We take over a critical portion of the business so that owners can focus on running their business better.
Iconis Group was named as one of Intuit’s Top 20 Firm of the Future finalists in 2015 because of our dedication to using cloud technologies to their fullest capabilities, moving beyond simple bookkeeping to providing value-add services to our clients, and our dedication to sharing our knowledge with the Intuit ecosystem through social media and our sister site, QBOchat.com.
The junior bookkeeper is a critical position at Iconis Group. You’ll be performing daily transactional duties to make sure the books are current for our clients. You should take pride in meeting weekly deadlines and detail oriented so you can provide our clients confidence in the quality of your work. You should also feel comfortable communicating with clients via email – communicating clearly and effectively in a supportive and positive way.
This is a part-time position of 20-30 hours of work guaranteed each week. A set schedule will be determined during the interview process. The junior bookkeeper will be required to come into the office regularly, but there is an opportunity to work from home in the future.
$15-$18/hr based on experience
- Accounts payable management. Processing invoices and receipts, coding bank transactions, researching vendor requests, ensuring vendors get paid timely, maintaining vendor documentation, and providing audit support on expenses as necessary.
- Job costing. Verifying that revenue and expenses are tracked to jobs properly.
- Bank reconciliations. Reconcile bank, credit card, and other accounts monthly. Researching and cleaning up any unreconciled transactions.
- Workpaper creation. Roll forward prior month’s work papers either to prepare entries in the accounting system or to support balances on the financial statements.
- Invoicing. Prepare client invoices based on a set procedure, ensuring that all steps are completed accurately.
- Experience. Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of accounts payable or bookkeeping experience.
- Tech-savvy. Experience with QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Dropbox, Gmail, Excel, and other cloud computing software.
- Personality. Proficient at organizing and prioritizing, attention to detail and accuracy, problem solver, eager to meet deadlines, clearly communicate needs, and a self-starter
If you are interested in the position, please email a cover letter and resume to jobs @ iconisgroup.com. In the subject of the email, include “QBO is awesome” to be considered.